The Galaxy S7, S6 and their Edge variants have already received the Android Nougat update, but they aren’t the only one getting this special treatment. In December last year Samsung started the beta testing program on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge for the Android Nougat version and after weeks of testing, an official version was released for Galaxy S7.
Gradually, other devices also started getting the Nougat update and now, the turn of Galaxy note 5 has arrived too. As you can see, you can finally download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Canadian Koodo Mobile Galaxy Note 5.
You are probably aware of the fact that Android Nougat is a huge update because it comes with a package of new features, performance improvements, bug fixes and UI-related tweaks. If you happen to own a Canadian Koodo Mobile Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920W8) and would rather have all these now instead of having to wait for the over-the-air update, you’ll be delighted to know that your wish can came true.
Yes, you can download the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware from below and even if this is not your device version, let me assure you that Samsung is quickly rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Canadian Galaxy Note 5, so it’s just a matter of time until all carriers will get it.
- Install Samsung USB drivers for windows on your PC;
- Go to Settings> Developer options and from there, enable USB debugging;
- How much important information do you keep on your Android? There is no better person to answer to this question that you, so that’s why you need to back up your apps and data;
- Plug in the charger to assure a prepared battery for a smooth installation procedure.
Although the process below is simple, errors are not out of the question. Be careful about every single step and assume your responsibility!
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Canadian Koodo Mobile Galaxy Note 5:
- First of all, download Odin on your PC; I am talking about Odin3_v3.12.3.zip;
- Download the right ROM for your phone: N920W8VLU4CQC9_N920W8OYA4CQC9_KDO.zip;
- You must extract it on your desktop. Extract the .zip file to get .tar or .tar.md5 file;
- Now turn off your Galaxy Note 5;
- Get it into Download mode, so press Volume Down, Power button and Home Button simultaneously. You have to keep on holding buttons till you see a warning;
- Press Volume up button to continue;
- Now, you must open Odin on your windows PC;
- Connect your Galaxy Note 5 with your PC via data cable. The ID:COM section on Odin will turn blue, as a sign that the PC has recognized your device;
- Click the AP button;
- You must now navigate to the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension and select it;
- Click the Start button to initiate the installation;
- Now, wait for around 4-5 minutes without pressing anything;
- When the firmware is installed, you will get the PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
Your Galaxy Note handset will now be running on the Android Nougat 7.0 version, therefore enjoy it!