Having voicemail on your cell phone makes perfect sense. There is no person available to be reached all the time or willing to permanently answer the phone. Even more, as some users claim, they want to travel out of the country and would love to simply stop the voicemail feature on their AT&T Android device.
There is an workaround for this issue and here I am to show you how to turn off Voicemail on AT&T. I am looking forward to show you how easy it is, yet I want to announce you from the start that I kept my favorite method at the end.
How to turn off voicemail on AT&T (method 1):
- Log onto Online Account Management Portal;
- While there, enter your Member ID and password;
- From the main page the voicemail settings can be accessed by clicking the Voice Mail tab under the Quick Settings located on the left-navigation side of the page;
- Check the status of the Voice Mail feature by reviewing the displayed On or Off located in the first tab under the General Preferences section of Voice Mail Settings;
- You can also choose to change the Voice Mail status from On to Off or Off to On by selecting the radio button next to the desired selection;
- Let me tell you the fact that when you change the status from On to Off or Off to On, the feature will be saved, the division will be collapsed and the updated status is shown on the tab under General Preferences.
- If you choose to turn off the following call forwarding features, you will not receive voicemails in your mailbox until the features have been turned back on.
How to turn off voicemail on AT&T (method 2):
- Once again, you have to log onto Online Account Management Portal;
- Don’t hesitate to enter your Member ID and password;
- From the main page, access the AT&T U-verse Voice section;
- Click the Manage Phone Settings tab;
- You then need to turn off the following call forwarding options: No Answer Call Forwarding, Busy Call Forwarding and Safe Call Forwarding.
How to turn off voicemail on AT&T (method 3):
- To disable the Call Forwarding Features over the phone use the following star codes *;
- Pick up your Android handset and ensure there is dial tone;
- Then, you need to turn off the following three call forwarding options: No Answer Call Forwarding *93# to turn off, Busy Call Forwarding *91# to turn off and Safe Call Forwarding *373# to turn off;
- Keep in mind that in order to enable voicemail again you will need to access the Online Account Management Portal.
How to turn off voicemail on AT&T (method 4):
There is another way to achieve your goal on AT&T and it is actually the most convenient way of all: you basically have to call 611 from your AT&T phone, or simply call (800) 331-0500 from any other phone to reach customer service. From there, you can simply remove the voicemail feature and then, feel free to delete your mailbox for good in no time.