Talking about Huawei P10 Lite users, you already know that the handset comes with the Nougat based EMUI software. However, now the company has launched a new update for your device.
This new version updates your P10 Lite with the latest firmware. If for some reason you haven’t received it or if you have installed a custom ROM and want to go back, then you can use this guide and install the Nougat Based EMUI 5.0 on your Huawei P10 Lite.
After all, this new firmware that I am telling you about will further improve your device’s performance, and give you better stability. Isn’t this what you want? You know the answer to that. It is based on the Android 7.0 Nougat and the UI version is EMUI 5.0. The version number is B123, therefore it is only compatible with this handset and no other.
In that matter, here you can find more advises for getting ready for the procedure and avoiding any confusions.
- This will only work on Huawei P10 Lite WAS-LX1A variant, therefore I advise you not to try this in any other device;
- You need to take a backup of your phone’s data before performing the below procedure. You can use this guide on How to Backup and Restore IMEI / NVRAM Data on Android Devices or the tutorial on how to Backup Android Data Without Root;
- Make sure that there is more than 70% battery juice left in your smartphone.
How to Install Nougat Based EMUI 5.0 on Huawei P10 Lite:
- Download the update.zip file;
- Extract the file;
- Now, it’s time to create a new folder named ‘dload’ in the root of your SD Card;
- Once created, copy the file which you downloaded into that dload folder;
- Switch off your device, now hold Volume up + Volume down + Power for a few seconds to start the installation;
- Be sure that the flashing will start;
- At the end, your Huawei P10 Lite device will reboot automatically into the new firmware.
Do make a note that the first reboot may take more time than usual since it has initiated everything. Hence, I suggest you stay patient.