Here I am with a fresh guide for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus users. There is no need to tell you once again how lucky you really are, therefore enjoy it as much as possible. And you can even install the TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I have to warn you from the start that the guide is only for the Exynos variant of the handset.
The point is that if you have the U.S. version with the Snapdragon chip, you will have to wait a little longer. This method will require Odin, so you have to install this tool in your PC or laptop and also you have to install all the drivers of your device into your computer.
In fact, before you start with the installation process, here you can find a few things you need to take care of a few things:
- This operation will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so before applying the steps from below, do take the full backup of your phone;
- This method will work on these Exynos variants of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus: SM-G955F SM-G955FD SM-G955X SM-G955N Note. If you’re not sure about your S8 Plus’s model number, be sure that you can find it under Settings> About device page;
- You need to install Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus USB drivers;
- You must also enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock. For that, you need to enable USB Debugging, so go to Settings> About Phone> Software info, and tap the Build number repeatedly until you see a message that says “You are now a developer.” At that point, you will see the Developer Option on your settings page. Go back to Settings, so tap on it and scroll down the list to find OEM Unlock and USB/Android Debugging. Enable them both;
- It is also essential to ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Let me remind you that this method will void the warranty of your phone. And you have to follow all the steps very carefully, as developers and we are not responsible if you brick your phone during the process.
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Grab the TWRP Recovery File for your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus;
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip file;
- Extract the zip file;
- Run the Odin_xx.exe file on your PC;
- Then, turn off your device;
- Once the phone is off, press and hold the volume down and power keys alongside Bixby button for no more than a few seconds in order to put the phone into download mode;
- Connect your phone to your computer using the included USB Type C charging cable;
- Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means that your device has been recognized by Odin;
- If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable;
- Launch Odin. One of the boxes below ID:COM should be blue;
- Click on “AP” and select the downloaded TWRP image file;
- Click start and this will start flashing the file;
- Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen;
- You must have patience until the installation process is done and the phone will reboot automatically. Now you have successfully installed TWRP 3.1.0-1 on your phone!