The Galaxy Note 7’s explosive debut kept the company’s name in a dark cloud of suspicions and disappointment for months and months. However, I think that those days are gone and people love their new Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone.
I am sure that you know that the heart rate sensor is still included, but the point is that it is actually more useful than you might even know. There is a small window on the back of the Galaxy S8 device that houses a PPG sensor. This is the standard heart rate sensor that ships on every fitness device and even though it isn’t accurate and reliable all the time, it’s still a nice addition.
Who wants to pick up a phone to check their heart rate? Well, the truth is that most people use those fitness straps that are a trend, but are you aware of the fact that you can also use Galaxy’s S8 Heart Rate Sensor as a dedicated shutter button?
The story gets pretty simple: if the front camera has detected a face, tapping on the heart rate sensor will immediately take a photo. Anyway, using the sensor in such a way has a major disadvantage – it seems that the finger smudges on the rear camera.
However, this is the very same issue as with the fingerprint sensor’s placement, so you should regularly clean the lens and the problems will be solved.
More Galaxy S8 tutorials:
- How to Resolve Galaxy S8 Audio Problems;
- How to Hard Reset Your Galaxy S8 in case of experiencing any sort of errors with your device;
- How to Speed up Galaxy S8 Animations;
- Conveniently Set up Galaxy S8 Do Not Disturb if you are tired of being interrupted during your important meetings or sleep by a random notification or message;
- Use Galaxy S8 Multi Window mode;
- Learn how to solve Galaxy S8: Samsung Pay Freezing Phone Issues.