Those at Paranoid Android must be fans of the OnePlus 3 and their latest project is just a confirmation of what I believed for a long time. To be more precise, they released an early port of Android 8.0 Oreo-based Paranoid Android for the OnePlus 3 and despite of the fact that some of the most popular AOSPA features have to be implemented, it’s almost fully functional and users love it.
You can also enjoy the latest Android Oreo based Paranoid Android ROM on your own OnePlus 3, yet know that the bootloader should be unlocked and you should have the latest version of TWRP installed or else the steps from below cannot be applied.
If such a procedure doesn’t scare you at all, you can download the new ROM via the link below. And accept the fact that a lot of things aren’t functional such as the notification slider, touch gestures, and SELinux; some of them will be available “soon”, so the choice is yours.
How to Take Android Oreo based Paranoid Android ROM on OnePlus 3:
- For the start, you must download the Paranoid Android Alpha ROM for the OnePlus 3;
- Move it to your device;
- You will have to download the GApps compatible with Android 8.0;
- Also move it to your handset;
- Now, switch off your device and press and hold Power + Volume Down button to boot into TWRP recovery on your smartphone;
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, it’s time to select the Paranoid Android ROM which you downloaded before and flash the zip file on your smartphone;
- After this, you have to select the GApps zip file taken before as you need to flash the zip file inside TWRP;
- Once both the zip files are installed on the device, you only need to wipe data and cache and reboot your device;
- After rebooting your phone, you will have Android Oreo-based Paranoid Android ROM on your OnePlus 3 handset.