One popular saying is that no new technology can be perfect. When it comes to smartphones, we have many examples around us and your LG V30 is just another example of that. The LG V30 almost has it all: it looks amazing, it has a great camera, a fast processor, a great OLED screen, microSD storage, excellent battery life, waterproofing, but it is not perfect.
Are you worried about the LG V30 Side Button which is not working? That makes two of us, but there is no sort of problem without a potential fix. It is indeed a major concern when the side button of the LG V30 is not responding to any presses. The strange thing is that despite of the fact that the buttons backlight is ON, the screen doesn’t respond. Some claim that the issue occurs when receiving a call on, but the screen doesn’t respond and still is OFF, yet there are also exceptions.
This trust is that you cannot continue this way, so the present guide will show you how to fix LG V30 side button not working, so waste no more time.
How to Fix LG V30 Side Button Not Working:
- It seems that the issue that you are now experiencing occurs upon the installation of a third party app. Therefore, you should put your LG V30 into safe mode, then test the side button once more. This is not ideal, I know, but at least it shows you if there is indeed a faulty application. After all, there are plenty of times when some of your recently installed apps can cause hardware problems, so booting into safe mode eliminates the problem and you discover if it’s being caused by an app or piece of software. To boot in safe mode:
- Press and hold the volume and power buttons at the same time;
- You’ll see an LG V30 logo appearing, at which point you should release the power button and then press and hold the volume down key. Continue holding the button down until the boot process is complete;
- The LG V30 will begin booting into safe mode, and this information will be displayed on the bottom of the screen.
- One more method is to reboot your smartphone to its factory setting if it still occurs in Safe Mode. After rebooting your LG V30, double check whether your phone has the latest software update. I once again suggest that you keep in touch with your service provider to know what’s the latest software version of your LG smartphone;
- In case of not being able to succeed, then you may need to visit the nearby repair shop which is authorized. Depending on the issue, you may get the replacement of the phone if you get the confirmation of a hardware problem.