There is no secret about the fact that we expect the ZenFone 4 Oreo to come in January 2018 (yes, it was indeed postponed), but things are different for those of you owning the ZenFone 3 hansdet. It seems that the Android 8.0 has become available for download, thanks to OreoBooyah, so let me show you how to install the Android 8.0 update on ZenFone 3.
Before jumping to the actual procedure, let me remind you that the software version on your ZenFone 3 (ZE552KL) must be WW-14.2020.1711.75 or else the below operation has no chance to work. At the same time, you have to make sure you have stock recovery on this, so if you ever installed TWRP recovery, you need to go back to stock recovery which comes as default.
The handset must also be properly charged, in order to avoid a possible shut down at the worst time ever. And always ask for help and additional support in case of needing. I am here to guide you, yet you remain the only one truly responsible regarding to the safety of your device. And as this is the unofficial leaked Android 8.0 Oreo beta, it may contain bugs and it is not suitable for the daily driver.
Learn to install Android 8.0 update on ZenFone 3:
- Download the ZenFone 3 Oreo beta .zip file;
- You must now move the beta Oreo firmware file to your Micro SD card;
- At this point, you have to power off your device. Wait for 5-6 seconds after screen goes off;
- Now, press and hold Power and Volume down buttons together until you see anything on the screen;
- When you reach the screen with an exclamation mark, hold the Volume up button and then press the Power button to reach stock recovery. You would see recovery written at the top of it;
- Then, you must only select the option called ‘install update via microSD card’;
- On the next screen, select the .zip file you transferred before. Wait for some time for the device to install the Oreo update;
- At the end, you will return to home screen of the stock recovery, so don’t hesitate to restart the device by selecting ‘Reboot system’ option.
You can now enjoy Oreo on your ZenFone 3!