This troubleshooting article from today deals with Galaxy S7 being unable to open a certain file format. There is no doubt that your media entertainment experience has been indeed enhanced on this smartphone from Samsung, yet such problems do appear and there is nothing that you can do about it, except from finding the best solutions and fixes.
There are a plenty of file formats that your phone can open but if you’re getting an error that seem to indicate that your device is unable to read a file. In such a case, the device might lack the appropriate app to open it, or maybe the file itself is corrupt or unreadable. And don’t be surprised that sometimes supported (or as claimed) files are not actually recognized or compatible!
To see what type of file you’re dealing with, browse it using My Files app, then check the file details by doing the following steps:
Solve Galaxy S7 unable to Open a Certain File Format Problem:
- First of all, you need to open the Galaxy S7 My Files app;
- Then, you must tap the appropriate category or storage where the file is located;
- Once you see the list of your files, don’t hesitate to tap and hold the file you’re having a problem with;
- Then, tap the MORE icon that can be found at the upper right hand side;
- Now, you can hit the option called Details;
- At the end, just check the file extension under Name. The file extension follows the dot like a .pdf or .xml and so on;
- Once you’ve identified the file type or file format, you can finally discover what app you need to install to open it. If the file extension is not a common one, do a Google search to find out how to open it in your S7 or simply let me know if you need further assistance. I am always here, eager to help!