In case of thinking about selling your Motorola Moto G, you should hard reset it to delete your accounts – everyone knows that this is the ideal way of removing all your content including photos, apps, games and music.
The same goes for other situations which don’t include selling your handset, but actually keeping it in the best conditions: in case of your Moto G has some problems after installing unsupported application, if you have forgotten your phone code or if you are experiencing some software errors and your device cannot respond properly.
Do you suspect that some files have been corrupted due to a potential virus? Then, you should hard reset your Moto G, this one being your chance to bring it back to its previous state. And finally, if you have tried some unofficial operations like updating with a custom ROM, gaining root access, installing a custom recovery image and things did not turned out as expected, there is something that you can do in order to unbrick your Motorola Moto G.
Yes, we are talking about the same hard reset aka factory reset operation which is basically ideal when it comes to wiping your current data.
It is also relevant for you to know how to enter recovery mode on Motorola Moto G, so don’t hesitate and check our dedicated step by step guide in that matter.
But before starting the procedure bellow, there are some aspects that you have to be aware of:
- In the first place, we want to tell you that his guide will work with all Motorola’s Moto G versions, but that’s pretty much all that we are including in this tutorial; so, do not to try it on any other handset;
- Save all your important data that you might need to use later; if you don’t back up your contacts, files, text messages and so on now, it will be too late for doing that after the factory reset ends;
- It’s also worth remembering to remove your external SDcard before you start the procedure, although it is well known that it shouldn’t be affected by the hard resetting applied to the device; in any case, it is better to avoid any risk so that all your data stored there remains safe;
- Your Motorola Moto G has to be properly charged (at least 70%); if the power of your battery is not enough to support the hard reset, then is time to charge the handset and avoid the possibility or damaging it or bricking it after it powers off in the middle of the installation;
- Before you do a hard reset, you should now that such an operation might seem easy, but it isn’t for everyone; start performing it only if it is absolutely necessary, if you have no other choice left for your Motorola Moto G and if you are not a beginner. You could end up bricking your handset and as we have always told you, we cannot be blamed for such a situation. You remain the only one responsible, so proceed just in case of being sure that you now and understand what it has to be done.
And here we have two hard reset techniques to choose from: the classic one that can be applied by using the menu of your Motorola Moto G, being ideal only if you can compleley access your phone, as well as a secondary one which requires performing an external hard reset.
How to Hard Reset your Motorola Moto G using stock recovery image:
- Touch the menu icon from your handset;
- Now select ‘Settings’;
- Choose ‘Backup and reset’ and then ‘Factory data reset”;
- When you are ready to proceed, just select ‘Reset mobile phone’ and the hard reset procedure is being completed.
How to Hard Reset your Motorola Moto G by performing an external hard reset:
- Your Moto G must be switched off before starting;
- Enter the device in recovery mode by hold the Volume level down key and then clicking the Power key. A boot choice menu will immediately show up and here you must use your volume level down button to navigate;
- Select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ from recovery mode by using the power key to choose it;
- Use the Volume level down key to select ‘Yes’ when asked if you are sure that you want to remove all files;
- You can also clear cache by selecting ‘Wipe cache partition’;
- Reboot your Motorola Moto G and that was all; you have successfully completed the hard resetting procedure.
Yes, these are all the steps that you must take in order to successfully reset your Moto G, but feel free to ask us any question regarding the procedure. We are here to help you!