Are you the owner of an Android Sony phone? Today we are going to teach you how to hard reset it in a minute and before saying that you don’t need such a thing, just listen what we have to say. This is the perfect solution if you’re having problems with your touch screen, if you can no longer navigate correctly on your handset or if it is not as fast as it used to be once.
The hard resting procedure is also an option if you can’t get your phone to power on all the way or when it can’t power on at all. Even more, there are several procedures (unofficial ones, of course) that might damage or even brick your device and once again this is the solution that might help you.
And we are also recommending it in case of being about to sell your handset; in these conditions, you have to wipe your personal data and yes, you’ve come to the right place as long as this is exactly what a hard reset means.
So, a hard reset aka factory data reset removes all user data and settings associated with the current account, practically returning your Android Sony phone to its initial state.
- As we have told you, a reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data that you currently have on your internal storage, such as downloaded content, ringtones, images, apps, contacts and not only. In any case, you should know that it does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card, but you still have to make a backup of all data on your Sony handset before starting the hard reset;
- Don’t get confused and keep in mind that we are talking about Sony Android phones, therefore do not apply any of the given procedures on another device;
- The handset must be properly charged if you don’t want to experience the unpleasant situation of seeing it switching off during the hard reset. This will prevent other problems to occur during the process as long as if your handset turns off when you perform the hard reset, you might brick it;
- Apply this tutorial only if you understand each step; if not, just use the comments area below and ask us what is bothering you before doing any mistake that cannot be fixed.
Let’s start the procedure!
How to easily Hard Reset any Android Sony device (by using phone’s settings):
- Touch and hold the Power button for a few seconds;
- Release the Power button and tap the ‘Power Off’ option;
- Search for the ‘Backup And Restore’ option and then select it;
- Also select ‘Factory Data Reset’ and then the ‘Reset Phone’ option;
- The message ‘Erase Everything’ will appear and you must give your confirmation for this operation;
- Press the Power button again and this will restart your Sony handset.
How to Hard Reset any Android Sony device (by using the recovery menu):
- Turn off your Sony handset and then press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons; continue to keep the buttons pressed in the same time and then press and hold the Power button as well;
- You’ll see the menu on the screen and select the Recovery option;
- You’ll see the Android logo on the screen and then press and hold the Volume up and Volume down buttons, which will bring your Sony phone to the recovery menu;
- Select ‘Wipe data/Factory reset’;
- After that, your handset will restart automatically.
You have successfully completed the hard resetting procedure n your Sony phone!
And don’t forget that we have more tutorials on this topic that can be found on the “How To” section, so don’t hesitate to do the same for your other Android phones!