Samsung Galaxy S5 is one of the most popular devices that the Korean company has ever offered us and we must all admit that we like its high end specs, as well as its smooth interface – and the best is that a root method is now compatible with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. But this doesn’t have to mean that some users don’t want even more, so there is no surprise that developers and advanced users all over the world still want to get the best out of this handset, but this is possible only if it is rooted.
Only a rooted Verizon Galaxy S5 will let you enjoy it at its true potential, so here we invite you to take a quick look at some of the reasons that Android enthusiasts have in mind when it comes to rooting this Galaxy S5 handset, just as any other Android phone:
- Overclock the CPU – Just like a PC, once you have rooted your Galaxy S5, you can overclock the CPU; to be more precise, you can easily increase the processing power of your CPU to some extent and like that, you will enjoy a much smoother Android experience, like you have never expected at.
- Flash Custom ROMs – If Galaxy S5 is not rooted, then it means that you have no chance to run custom ROM. So, this is a necessary step if you want to enjoy a new UI and new amazing features, your device also becoming a lot faster and getting a major performance boost.
- Move apps to SD Card – We know that the internal storage is not a problem in this case, but this doesn’t have to mean that you don’t want to move certain apps to your SD Card. This could simply make the internal storage clean and tidy and it could be just what you need!
- Delete unnecessary System Apps – Isn’t the idea of moving certain apps to SD Card what you have been looking for? Then, we can also tell you that you can actually delete unnecessary system apps and stop being annoyed by their presence.
- Enjoy the advantages of free advanced task killers – If you love apps it doesn’t mean that so does the battery of your device. So, after rotting, you can find several free advanced task killers that periodically clean up your RAM in order to avoid the unnecessary battery lost.
So, in case of being the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F (International Qualcomm), Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H (International Exynos), T-Mobile US Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T, US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P, Samsung Galaxy S5 Canada SM-G900W8, Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I, or Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T1, we have already published a step by step guide that can help you achieve your goal. But what about the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 version?
Those of you having this version have waited enough and now it’s time for your Verizon device to get rooted and to allow you to enjoy all the advantages previously mentioned.
Review the risks:
- You should know from the start that this rooting procedure is offered by geohot from the XDA community, so rooting your Verizon Galaxy S5 will void its manufacturer’s warranty; anyway, we can tell you that you can easily restore it by applying this tutorial;
- This method of rooting is compatible with Samsung’s Galaxy S5 version from Verizon, but you can also try this in any other Android device whose kernel build date is before June 3, 2014;
- You might never receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting your handset;
- If something bad happens to your Verizon Galaxy S5 device, our site won’t be held responsible for that. The decision of rooting your device is all yours, therefore you are supposed to assume full responsibility for your actions and be prepared to face any consequence.
- In the first place we recommend you to backup important data and settings in case of wanting to use them after the rooting operation;
- You’ll need a computer for this rooting procedure, as well as the original USB cable if you want to establish the connection between the computer and the phone;
- Install the USB drivers for your Samsung’s Galaxy S5 Verizon version on the PC;
- Disable the security protection from both your phone and the computer if you want to avoid any potential errors;
- You must have the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your Galaxy S5;
- Turn on USB Debugging mode, by going to ‘Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging’;
- And finally, but no less important, you have to check battery percentage; the device should have at least 70% battery power left or we advise you to charge it now, before starting the rooting operation.
All set and ready? We have no time to waste, so let’s start:
How to Root your Verizon Galaxy S5:
- First download the Towelroot apk from here to your PC and do not unzip the file just yet;
- We are talking about a simple one-click application, so all you have to do is to connect your Verizon Galaxy S5 phone to PC via the original USB cable and transfer the file;
- Then, boot the phone into the bootloader by turning it off and holding Volume up, Volume down and the Power button together;
- Click on the Towelroot apk, tap the ‘make it ra1n’ button and wait;
- At the end of the procedure, your Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon will be rooted.
That’s it! After your phone reboots, you can search for ‘Root Checker’ App, install it and verify the root access. And if you still need our help, you know where you can find us!