Android L is the center of our attention these days. Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 have already received their Android L developer preview factory images, but where is that leaving other Xperia owners all over the world? Can they also get the chance to feel the state of this Android L version?
Be sure that they can as long as senior XDA member JanM RS has just shared the Android L theme file for all Android featured Sony Xperia devices, so there is no reason to be worried about if you are one of them.
Like that, you’ll have the chance to enjoy the elements and color schemex of this recent Android L beta release, not to mention that the three navigation buttons seem to be a perfect match for Sony devices as they look just like the gaming buttons of Sony’s Playstation controllers.
And we can assure you that flashing the theme does not require a rooted device and that the procedure is easier than you might be expecting: you just have to download the Android L theme and install it as any other APK file. And if you are still worried that you don’t know how to do it, here we are to help you:
How to Install Android L Theme for Sony Xperia Devices (classic method):
- Download Android L Theme for Sony Xperia devices by using this link;
- Enable App installation from Unknown resources by going to Settings>> Security>> check Unknown sources;
- After the installation of .apk files is enabled from unknown source, just open the Android L Theme on your handset;
- All you have to do is to click on Install and that was all!
Moreover, you can also choose to install the .apk file with the help of any of the following methods. First of all, you have to transfer the Android L Theme file to the internal or external storage of your Sony Xperia handset and then you can either use a file manager to access the file or an app from Play Store that will list all the .apk files present on your phone.
How to Install Android L Theme for Sony Xperia Devices using an APK Installer app:
- Copy the .apk file to the internal or external storage of the handset;
- Download the Easy Installer-Apps On SD from on your phone by using this link;
- Open the app and let it scan all the .apk files that can be found on your Sony Xperia handset;
- After scanning is completed, select the Android L Theme file and then tap the Install button;
- Then, you have to select Install on the installation screen in order to begin installation of the app (in case of seeing “Next” instead of “Install”, click on “Next” as the operation is the same).
- That was all! You’re done!
to Install Android L Theme for Sony Xperia Devices using a File Manager app
- Start by copying the Install Android L Theme file to the internal or external storage of your smartphone;
- Download a file manager app such as ES File Explorer from Play Store by using directly this link;
- With the help of the file manager app that you have just downloaded open the folder where the .apk file is saved on your Sony Xperia handset;
- Select the Android L Theme you want to install;
- After that, also select Install to begin the installation process;
- Select “Install” or “Next” on the installation screen for beginning the installation of the theme.
After that, you should have the most recent Android L theme installed on your Sony Xperia handset. Anyway, if this did not happened, just share your issue by using the comments section below and we’ll give our best to help you.