You know that LG G3 is one of the best Android devices from the current market, but we are sure that many of you are thinking about rooting it. If your G3 is not rooted, you won’t be able to run custom ROMs, to overclock the CPU, to explore system apps and to modify them according to your needs, not to mention that if you use a lot of apps, you are probably experiencing the battery lost problem.
The advanced task managers could save you as they remove those tasks that are running in the background and draining your battery, but once again, your LG G3 must be rooted.
Before starting, don’t forget that any rooting procedure is generally considered complicated, especially for those of you who haven’t done such an operation ever before. This step- by-step tutorial is here to help you root your LG G3, but start only after making sure that you respect all the instructions listed below:
Review the risks:
- This guide that we have here is exclusively dedicated to LG G3 and not to any other device. So, unless you are the owner of any of these versions – Korean G3 F400K/L/S, International G3 D855, AT&T G3 (D850), T-Mobile G3 (D851), Canadian G3 (LG-D852), Sprint G3 (LS990), Verizon G3 (VS985) – it’s time to stop here;
- This rooting operation has an issue that you should know about from the start: LG’s G3 warranty will be void, so make sure that you are ready to forget all about those privileges that the warranty offers or prepare yourself for this guide that can be useful when it comes to restoring it;
- This tutorial has been tested, but you must correctly follow the instructions; anyway, we want to be clear about the fact that we are not liable if something doesn’t work according to the plan;
- This guide can be followed at your own risk only, so assume your responsibility!
- You must backup all your data stored in the internal memory storage of your LG G3 smartphone before starting to root it or you risk losing important files, photos, contacts, messages and so on and there is no way of getting them back;
- Prepare your computer for the procedure;
- Disable any security application you might currently have on your PC (that includes your antivirus or firewall programs as long as they could interfere during the following procedures);
- Make sure that you have the necessary drivers already installed on your computer;
- Enter Settings > About Phone in your LG G3 and tap on the About Phone section 5 – 10 times for becoming the developer;
- Go into Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging and enable the USB debugging option on your smartphone;
- Prepare the original USB cable of your LG G3;
- Make sure that our LG G3 has enough battery for this rooting operation; it should be more than 70% charged and if it is not, charge it now or you might regret later.
How to Root your LG G3 by Using IO Root Tool:
- In the first place, you must download the IO Root tool from here to your PC;
- Then, extract the files;
- Open the IO Root folder and find the “root.bat” file; open it as well;
- After you see the command prompt, you have to press Enter while the IO Root script reboots your handset.
Once your LG G3 reboots, download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store just to make sure that your device is indeed rooted.
How to Root your LG G3 by Using RootTool:
- Connect your LG G3 to the computer by using original USB cable;
- Download Root Tool Zip package from here to your PC;
- After that, unzip the package and open the extracted folder;
- Double click on the “Run.bat” file in your PC and follow the on screen instructions in your computer and device.
- Select the “update from ADB” option when you see the recovery screen in your device; in order to do so, just press the Volume Down key and then the Power button for making your selection;
- The Root.zip file will be immediately pushed to the handset;
- After that, just select “reboot system now” and that was all!
Once again, you can download the “Root Checker” app in case of not being sure that you have successfully rooted your device.
And don’t forget to let us know in the comments section in case of facing any sort of problems. We are here to help you!