If you are the owner of a new LG G3, you are definitely a lucky person. You already have a powerful handset, but something is telling us that you might want even more than that. If you are also thinking about powering up the performances of your smartphone, then we have just one answer for you: unofficial operations. We know how tempting gaining root access, flashing a custom kernel, updating with a custom ROM, installing a custom recovery image and so on can be, but if something doesn’t work according to the plan, you can end up damaging your LG G3. In such a situation, you have to Hard Reset your LG G3 and most likely, the problem will be solved.
Even more, a hard reset procedure (also known as factory reset) it is also recommended if your LG G3 is pattern locked and you have forgotten the pattern, if it is virus infected or some apps do not function properly anymore and the handset doesn’t allow you to remove them or in case of thinking to delete some data that you have stored there and you know for sure that you are not going to use it any longer.
We are telling you that hard resetting might be an ideal solution for all these situations as long as this operation practically wipes your current data, so that any software related problem is solved as well.
Are you ready to hard reset your LG G3? That is exactly what you are going to do with our help, but first, don’t forget that there are some preparatory steps that you have to take in consideration:
- We have told you from the start what this hard resetting procedure means, so don’t hesitate to make a backup of your data. After completing the hard reset operation, all your contacts, call logs, text messages, market apps, accounts and so on currently saved on the internal storage memory of your LG G3 will be wiped out and we know that you don’t want to lose all these;
- This guide only works on LG G3; it has been tested, so there is no reason to be worried about, but do not think about applying it on any other Android based device;
- Despite of the fact that the external SDcard is not generally affected by the hard resetting, it is better to prevent any unfortunate situation and remove it from the start;
- Your LG G3 has to be properly charged or you risk having some problems during the factory resetting procedure. You could get it bricked while it powers off and this is not why you are here for, that’s for sure!
Only now you are ready to begin!
How to Hard Reset your LG G3 via Menu:
- Press the Home button;
- Open Android Settings;
- Tap ‘Backup & reset’;
- Tap ‘Factory data reset’ and then ‘Reset phone’;
- Now you must also tap ‘Erase everything’;
- That was all! Do not tap on anything else on your LG G3 and do not power it off. Your device will run normally after the soft reset and you see, the procedure was not at all a difficult one!
How to Hard Reset your LG G3 via buttons:
- Power off your LG G3 device and wait around 5-10 seconds;
- Now you must press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button at the same time;
- When the LG logo is displayed, you have to release both buttons;
- Then, immediately press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons once more;
- Release both buttons when the Factory data reset screen displays.
- From the Factory data reset screen, select ‘Yes’ (you have to use the Volume keys in order to navigate).
This is the whole process and as you have already seen, each one of these two methods is actually pretty simple. Let us know in the comments below if you need our help or any other question regarding this topic. We’d be happy to help!
And don’t forget that we will update more articles similar to this guide, in case of not already finding what you need in our How To section, so don’t hesitate to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or on Google Plus!