WhatsApp not sending pictures on Android? Here’s a complete guide to fix this.
Since its launch in 2009 WhatsApp has been the most famous free messenger around the globe. With its swift and simple user interface and the ability to share documents and all kinds of media among your contacts and to make audio and video calls WhatsApp has successfully engaged 1.6 Billion concurrent users. However, if you’re a regular user and you’re unable to send images or media, it can be very annoying and frustrating.
In this article we will demonstrate step by step how you can solve this issue on any Android device.
Here’s how you can solve the issue for WhatsApp not sending pictures
1. Make sure you have an active internet connection
Usually the problem is very simple. Your phone is not connected to the internet, or it may have switched from from your mobile data to WiFi when you entered a WiFi zone but didn’t really connect to it.
- If you’re using your mobile data and it is on but your images are still not delivered then just pull down your notification bar, turn on airplane mode, then turn it off or restart your phone.
- If you were on your mobile data and came in an area with WiFi and you thought that the network would switch and connect to WiFi automatically, it can be the case that it didn’t connect. To check that pull down the notification bar and long press the WiFi Icon and Connect to the network you want.
2. Try using WhatsApp Web
If you are having trouble sending media to a contact on WhatsApp and you don’t know whether it’s an internet connection issue or WhatsApp is down. You can use WhatsApp Web to send pictures, if you’re account is correctly synced into WhatsApp web then it means that you have an active internet connection on your device, else you don’t.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone
- Tap on the Menu icon next to the search bar
- Tap on WhatsApp Web
- Point your phone to the screen of your laptop/desktop to scan the QR code.
3. Force stop WhatsApp and set permissions
Most of the times WhatsApp does not have the permissions to send sms and media from the storage. So what you need to do is elaborated below:
- Go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp
- Tap on FORCE STOP
- Then go to Permissions and enable permissions for SMS and Storage
4. Set the correct Date and Time on your phone
For many users the problem was solved after correcting the current date and time on their device. You can follow the following steps to do so:
- Go to Settings > System > Date & time
- Enable Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone
5. Check your default storage/SD card for free space
Another reason for the pictures to be not sent is that there is not enough storage left on your phone or SD card. Now usually not all users have an SD card, they use the internal storage. So, another reason can be a corrupted SD card. To check the storage you need to do this:
- Go to Settings > Storage and see that you have some storage left, if there is no storage left you’ll have to delete some extra or useless apps or media from your phone or you can just free some space with the storage cleaner.
These are the steps that you’ll need to follow if your pictures are not sent or delivered on WhatsApp. Hopefully one of the following above mentioned steps will fix your problem. Leave a comment below if this guide was helpful for you.