ParanoidAndroid is a great custom ROM that you can anytime use on your Android powered device. The ROM, which was previously designed especially for tablets, is now available for both tablets and smartphones and comes with essential Android features and program. If you want to learn how to update your device with Paranoid Android, then check the lines from below.
ParanoidAndroid has compatible versions of Android firmware for almost all the devices out there. The best is that you can safely and smoothly use ParanoidAndroid on low range, mid rage and high end smartphones and tablets as the ROM has been optimized and customized in order to consume and require few resources.
Like CM and AOKP, ParanoidAndroid is pre installed with essential features and programs. Most of these features can’t be found on the default version of Android OS. Moreover, the same features can be used for improving the performances of your Android smartphone or tablet. Thus, with PA installed you can easily upgrade the web browsing experience, improve the speeds and upgrade battery life. Moreover, PA will bring a new Android UI along with other various customization options.
On ParanoidAndroid you will be able to remove bloatware and overclock your Android device. Your phone / tablet will become your new playground as you will be able to tweak it by your own taste.
But, like any other custom ROM, flashing PA on your Android device implies in completing an unofficial update operation. Unfortunately, the warranty of your handset will get void once you start this step by step guide so you should be careful when completing the update procedure. The ROM is developed by third party devs and has nothing to do with Google or with any other manufacturer company.
At the same time, a custom ROM can be applied only on given conditions. On that matter we have developed a dedicated tutorial in which we are explaining how to prepare your smartphone / tablet before updating with a custom ROM firmware. Also, the same guide is showing you the risks implied by this operation. You can check this tutorial by heading towards this page.
Good; so now you are prepared for the installation process. Well, let’s see how to install ParanoidAndroid custom ROM on any Android based device. Do note that you have to use a PA update file compatible with your smartphone or tablet – else you will end up in bricking your device.
How to Install ParanoidAndroid on any Android device
- From official web page of ParanoidAndroid, or from any other source you want, download the compatible update file for your Android device.
- Google Apps package might not be included on the update file. So, the best will be to download the mentioned package too.
- You have to save these files on your computer first. You should place them on desktop and you shouldn’t unzip the files.
- Now, connect your phone / tablet with your computer; do so by plugging in the USB cable.
- Up next, take the downloaded files from your computer and place them on your device.
- Of course, in the end, unplug the USB cord.
- Turn off your phone and enter recovery mode on your Android device.
- Use recovery menu and select “wipe data factory reset”.
- Then choose “wipe cache partition”. Next, choose “advanced” and pick “wipe dalvik cache”.
- From main menu of recovery now select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Select the ParanoidAndroid update package and install the custom ROM on your Android device.
- If you want, flash Google Apps by following the same step.
- If you are done, go towards main menu of recovery and from there choose “reboot system now”.
So that’s how you can update any Android device with ParanoidAndroid custom ROM firmware. Use the comments field from below if you have further questions for us.