CyanogenMod, the popular custom ROM developer community has released a new update for the European variant of your OnePlus One. Is this the device that you own? Then, what are you waiting for? Just as always, I am here to help you with a detailed guide on how to flash the Android 5.1 CM 12.1 Nightly ROM, but not before applying some essential preparatory steps.
The instructions given in this CM12.1 guide are meant for the European variant of OnePlus One (aka bacon) only, so verify the device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone and make no confusion.
Ensure that your Android smartphone has at least 60 percent of battery life left for the operation and also back up the necessary data before going through the process. By doing that, you can revert back in case of any issues.
Have you installed the phone’s USB drivers on your computer? If not, do that now! And keep in mind that I cannot be held liable for any damage that might occur to your OnePlus One during or after the Android 5.1 Lollipop CM12.1 firmware installation, so proceed at your own risk and make no mistake.
And yes, the update operation might void the warranty of your device either temporarily or permanently, but this simple guide will help you with that: How to Restore the Warranty on your Android device.
Do you feel ready? The operation is demonstrated below through a simple step-by-step guide. Here’s what you have to do:
How to Install Android 5.1 CM 12.1 Nightly ROM on OnePlus One:
- For the start, you have to take the CM 12.1 ROM from here on your computer;
- You must also take the Gapps package by accessing this link;
- You have to transfer the files to your device’s storage by using the original USB cord;
- Power off the OnePlus One;
- Also disconnect its USB cable from computer;
- It is the perfect time to enter your Android device into recovery mode;
- In the recovery mode, perform a full data wipe task, followed by a Wipe Dalvik Cache (for that, go to the ‘advanced’ option and click Wipe Dalvik Cache);
- Go to the main recovery menu again;
- Choose Install Zip from SD card; the CM12.1 Nightly ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card is the one waiting to be installed;
- After installing the CM 12.1 ROM, you must also install the Gapps package;
- Once the ROM and Gapps installation completes, select Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu.
Have you successfully applied the steps from this procedure? If not, do not hesitate to share your problems with me by using the comments area from below and I will do my best to come up with a solution for your issues.