If you have such an edge part of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone, why not getting the best out of it? There are some interesting things that you can do thanks to that and here I am to tell you more.
For example, what do you think of having it light up with specific colors for special people when you receive calls or messages from them?
If you change your mind and you want to keep things more simple, switch it off by using the steps provided below; if not and you actually love it, further customizations are waiting for you such as selecting which people you want the edge to light for.
How to Get the Best out of the Edge Part of your Galaxy S6 Edge Phone:
As I’ve said, the device’s edgy parts can light up as notifications, so have fun and follow these simple steps:
Set up the edge to light up for calls and messages:
- Go to Settings;
- Move to Edge screen;
- Then, you have to go to Edge lighting;
- Toggle it to On right away and enjoy it.
Even more, you can choose which people you want the edge to light for:
- Go to Settings;
- Then, to Edge screen > People edge and make your choices;
- Remember that People Edge is not all about the lighting feature, but it also lets you have quick access to these five people by swiping in from the side of your display;
- Once selected to be in People edge, you can choose their placement on the screen by dragging to their new position in the list;
- If you want to change a contact’s color, from People Edge you must enter to My people and click on the new color for the contact.
Are you worried about the battery life of your S6 Edge flagship? Many have been disappointed about this aspect and if you also consider that the edge light is draining the juice of your device’s battery much faster than ever, then do not hesitate to turn it off.
Switch off and customize edge notification light:
- All you have to do is to hold down your finger on the heart rate monitor at the back for no more than a few seconds;
- This simple trick will turn the edge blinking off. However, it will also send the callers an auto response letting them aware of the fact that you are busy and that you cannot answer straight away.
You can also find out more about how to Extend Samsung’s Galaxy S6 Edge Battery Life and how to Fix Battery Drain Issue on Rooted Galaxy S6 Edge Devices.
As for any other question you might have regarding these simple guides that I’ve presented you or about this Galaxy S6 Edge flagship in general, the comments area is waiting for you, so do not hesitate to use it! That is why I am here for!