For those who have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 device and imported your SIM card with contacts, one thing is for sure: you may be having duplicate contact phone numbers, but no one says that you should leave things this way.
Duplicate contacts can make life inconvenient in any app where communicating with others is involved. There are situations when you can simply end up starting a conversation with the wrong person or even messaging to someone’s old phone number. This is why is absolutely necessary to remove duplicate contacts from your phone whether you are using the Samsung Galaxy S7 flagship or any other version.
The entire process to delete Galaxy S7 duplicate contacts will only take a few seconds without spending money on apps to clean up your contacts. Below there are two guides on how to find and delete duplicate contacts on the Samsung Galaxy S7 without even using a computer, so choose the one that suits you better.
Here’s how to remove duplicate contacts on your Galaxy S7:
How to Delete Galaxy S7 Duplicate Contacts (method 1):
- First of all, go to the Contacts app in your Galaxy S7;
- Then, you have to browse your contacts until you find the contacts you want to merge or link;
- Select on the first contact you need to merge;
- Look for the spot where it says: Connected via. Select on the link icon to the right;
- Then, you have to select the Link another Contact option;
- Select the contacts to link;
- Then, tap back.
How to Delete Galaxy S7 Duplicate Contacts (method 2):
You can also use the built-in clean up contacts tool on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and you will get the very same result. Here’s how to find all similar contacts on your devices and clean up your contacts in a matter of seconds.
- Go to the Contacts app;
- Select on the three menu dots in the upper right area of the screen;
- Tap on Link Contacts;
- After you have selected on Link Contacts, you’ll see a list where you can sort by name, phone number or email address to find duplicate contacts;
- Feel free to tap on the contacts to link them;
- After that has been selected for the ones you want to merge, select Done.
That is how simply is to remove duplicated contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and have all yout things in order! Enjoy!