If you are rocking an Exynos version of the Galaxy S8+ phone, then I bet that you know that root and TWRP for the Exynos version have been available for quite some time now.
Thanks to the XDA dev jesec, now you can install TWRP on the Galaxy S8+ HK Snapdragon variant and root the device as well. Unfortunately, this guide is not for U.S Snapdragon variants, so the users in U.S still have to wait a little longer, yet I bet that this is what you have been waiting for.
Rooting your device will allow you to run some Android applications, installing custom ROMs, enjoying custom kernels and overclocking or underclocking the device. It might seem complicated at first, yet there’s a world of possibilities out there, so there’s no chance to be disappointed.
- This process will erase all the data on the device, so, backup all the data on the target device or else you will lose it;
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your handset. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options;
- You also need Samsung’s USB drivers;
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
After taking care of the Requirements from the above section, you can proceed to Samsung’s Galaxy S8+ rooting guide. As a reminder, I will not be held responsible for any kind of damage. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Semi-stock kernel with the help of this link;
- Also grab the Magisk flashable zip;
- Connect your Galaxy S8+ to your PC via USB. You should see an “Added!” message in Odin’s message screen;
- Now, move the zip files to your phone;
- It’s time to boot your device into recovery mode;
- While in the TWRP menu tap on Install;
- Then, then tap on Add more zips;
- Here select Magisk flashable zip which you moved before;
- Swipe to start the installation process;
- When the installation is completed, tap Reboot system to reboot your device;
- As soon as your device is up, download and install the Magisk Manager Apk from here.