Have you heard the fact that Samsung already started rolling out the third Oreo update for its Galaxy S8 Plus version? Note from the start that the update is available for handsets with variant SM-G955F and believe it or not, it is sent via OTA to Galaxy S8 Plus running Android Oreo beta. If you are already running the 2nd Oreo update, then you can install this new update without having to wait any longer.
I hope that I will not disappoint you, but this time the firmware doesn’t actually brings several new features and improvements. The changelog mention Bluetooth stability improvements and the ability to hide the apps running in the background notification, along with the November security patch, but hey, if experimenting is your life, I am sure that you cannot miss all these.
Just be careful that the procedure requites an unlocked bootloader on your Galaxy S8 Plus and the TWRP custom recovery installed and besides that, you have to create a proper backup. Therefore, you should better reboot your Samsung Galaxy device into Recovery mode, then choose backup from TWRP menu, select all partitions and then swipe at bottom in order to create a backup.
How to Install Android Oreo Beta 3 on Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Grab the ZQKG TWRP Backup files.zip;
- Also take the SuperSU zip;
- Connect your phone to the PC while it is still in TWRP recovery;
- Then, move the extracted folder from ZQKG TWRP Backup files.zip to the folder containing your backup;
- Transfer the SuperSU zip to your device as well. This zip can be placed wherever you like;
- Go back to the TWRP main menu and tap Restore;
- You will see two backups here to restore from. Select the one you just downloaded and transferred to your phone;
- Once the restore is complete, go back to the main menu and select Wipe > Format data and type yes;
- At this point, you have to click on the Restore button;
- Just select the backups file which your created at the starting process. This will restore all your apps and other data.
If you fetch any sort of issues while installing Android Oreo beta 3 on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, then comment below.