Facebook Messenger App: Learn to Enable Dark Mode Theme
I remember how pleased I was to discover that Facebook is working on a dark mode for Messenger. This time it’s a true AMOLED black theme. It was hidden away for a while, but things have changed now. Facebook’s messaging app Messenger has been updated and changed frequently throughout the years and such a dark mode is precisely what we have been looking for.
The good news is that you can easily enable the new Messenger dark mode theme if you are rooted. You don’t need to think of an app that can generate dark themes for websites on the fly.
Don’t search for any app that has some sort of a night mode either in order to take care of your eyes or to let you further adjust brightness and contrast to better fit your screen.
The Facebook Messenger App already gives you all that you need. The process is here described, so I can only encourage you to continue.
How to Enable Dark Mode Theme on Facebook Messenger App:
- Grab the Messenger Beta APK with Dark Mode;
- Also take the Termux Terminal;
- Up next, make sure that you have the latest version of Messenger beta;
- Open Termux and enter the following code:
- It will ask for superuser or administrator rights. Grant the permissions;
- After that, enter the following code:
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- A menu will now appear and you have to select Search Gatekeepers;
- Enter “dark” on the empty field;
- Tap on every option which says No. This will enable the new dark mode;
- Go back and launch the Messenger app;
- Tap on your profile icon, and there you will find an option to enable the dark mode theme. You may now enable the dark mode option and you are good to go;
- If you do not see the option to enable this mode, then restart your phone and redo the process again.
It might take a few tries until you manage to do it correctly, but you won’t regret it!