How to Take a Partial Screenshot on Android Marshmallow
I am sure that you have wanted to take a partial or let’s say cropped screenshot of screen on your Android phone more than once up to now, so you know that things might not be that easy all the time. Yes, you can use a photo editor app, but have you been truly satisfied by the result? You already know the answer to that!
Now, things have changed and thanks to the support for partial screenshot on Android Nougat, you can finally take cropped screenshot directly on an Android handset. Since this feature was found in Android Nougat source code, the handsets running their Android devices on Marshmallow couldn’t get it working right off, but you know how the story usually goes.
To be more precise, there is always someone with a brilliant idea that makes everything possible and this time there is no exception. Thanks to the Android N-ify Xposed module, you can now enable partial screenshot on Marshmallow devices as well. Anyway, for that to be possible, you need the TWRP recovery installed on your device and root access.
Once you’ve Xposed framework installed on the handset, you have to install the Android N-ify Xposed module from the download link below and follow the instructions to enable it.
How to Take a Partial Screenshot on Android Marshmallow:
- First of all, you have to download the Android N-ify Xposed module from here;
- After that, it’s time to install and activate the Android N-ify Xposed module on your Andorid handset from Xposed installer;
- At this point, don’t hesitate to open Android N-ify module app/settings;
- Go to About section of the module;
- While there, you have to tap the logo a few times to enable Experimental settings;
- Once enabled, you have to open Experimental settings in the app;
- Then, tick/check the Enable partial screenshot feature;
- At this point, you can finally take a few screenshots until partial screenshot feature takes over and let’s you select what you want to capture on the screen. Do you see how simple it really was?
Also read this guide on Learn to Enable Partial Screenshot on CM14.1 Based ROMs and let me know if you need my help. That is why I am here for!