If you are seeing the error message “Unfortunately the process.com.android.phone has stopped” on your Galaxy S7, you can join the club. I’ve been there too and I totally get your frustration. The error message means that you cannot properly use the application without having to reproduce this error again and it is usually the result of a new ROM, after you have updated your firmware or after making modifications to data.
Since this is a bug, the truth is that it is not that easy to solve, but it isn’t impossible either. After all, you are aware of the fact that there is a solution for everything wrong these days, so it’s time to take action.
If you aren’t sure about what to do or you want a confirmation for what you have in mind, then I would like to present you a few suggestions that perhaps will resolve this Galaxy S7 problem.
Fix Samsung Galaxy S7 “Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped” error:
- First of all, try to clear cache and data of the phone app. This is usually the source of your problems, so follow these steps:
- To access this option, go to Settings;
- Now, select Apps;
- You must tap the All tab so that all the apps of your device will be displayed in a column;
- Scroll down until you see Phone and tap it;
- Then, choose the Clear Cache option;
- You can now reboot the phone normally by choosing the Reboot system option in the recovery menu or by holding the Power button for more than 7 seconds;
- If the problem persists, repeat the steps and also select clear “Clear Data” in your actions. Reboot your phone for the changes to take effect;
- If this was no good, then you should clear cache and data of the sim toolkit. So, repeat the steps detailed above, but also choose SIM toolkit from the list of apps under the All tab;
- Has this been with no effect either? Then, there is one thing left to do: you have to perform a hard reset on your Galaxy S7 and get ready for a fresh start with the help of this procedure.