Every Qualcomm phone has an in-built Wcd9xx audio DAC. This comes with the biggest advantage of being configurable in some parameters where you can enable/disable some options or modify some configuration values. This specific module enables the “High performance mode” of your phone’s DAC to maximize its power and help you enjoy a better Sound Quality.
All these were discovered by XDA senior member androidexpert35 which has come up with a mod which enables the Hi-Performance DAC setting present on any device with Qualcomm Snapdragon chip fitted in it. You also need the latest TWRP recovery installed, as well as Magisk v11.0+ (access this link to grab it right away).
Also read: How to install ARISE Sound Mod on Android
Before proceeding further, you must know that messing with your device’s software at the root level is not as simple as it might seem. If you don’t know what you are doing, you should better stop here and if something bad happens, don’t try to blame me for that. This guide takes no responsibility for your mistakes or potential lack of experience, therefore be careful!
Enjoy a better Sound Quality with Hi-Performance DAC Enabler:
- Take Performance_DAC_Enabler_v1.1_By_androidexpert35.zip from here;
- Transfer the downloaded zip to your device via the original USB cord;
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode;
- When in the TWRP recovery mode, you should also tap on Backup and create a full Nandroid Backup of your device;
- Once the backup is complete, you have to go back to the main TWRP menu and select Install;
- Navigate to the downloaded zip file and select it;
- Swipe right to flash;
- When the installation is complete, just choose Reboot System to keep the changes that you’ve made. That was all you had to do this time!
In case of needing any help, let me remind you that the AndroidFlagship team is here for you! Just use the contact form or the comments section and we’ll try to help you!
You might also like this guide: How to Activate the Sound Detector Feature on Galaxy S7