Galaxy S8 is the latest flagship phone from the largest Korean electronic manufacturer, coming with some amazing exclusive apps, features, and a new user interface that I bet that you want to enjoy too. Now, all these exclusive features can be ported onto other Samsung devices like the Galaxy S7 via a ROM port. Therefore, in this guide, I am going to show you how to install the OnTheEdgeLite ROM on Galaxy S7.
The most important thing about this ROM is that it comes with most of the Galaxy S8 apps, mods and features, along with an OTA Updater with additional features such as Debloat, Deodex, and De-Knox. Even more, the ROM comes pre-rooted with Magisk, with an Advanced Reboot Menu and Samsung Video player has been updated, not to mention that the system is optimized for performance and stability, so you can use it every day with no issues.
If you have a Galaxy S7, then you should definitely try this Galaxy S8 Ported Nougat ROM on your device. Thanks to Xda member angelo27093 for this chance and for further proceeding, you need a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery on your device. And you should also take a complete Nandroid Backup via recovery, just to be on the safe side.
If you already installed the recovery, then follow the guide and enjoy the new experience:
How to Install OnTheEdgeLite ROM on Galaxy S7:
- Download Nougat Bootloader and Modem for the S7 device;
- Then, you need to install Bootloader and Modem via Odin tool;
- Up next, you must download the OnTheEdgeLite S8 + Port 3.0.zip file;
- You have to copy file to external storage;
- Now, turn off your device and enter Recovery Mode (TWRP);
- Then, select Wipe Dalvik cache, system, data, cache via recovery;
- Go back to recovery menu and click Install;
- Then, navigate and select the OnTheEdgeLite S8 + Port 3.0.zip file for flash;
- Your device will enter AROMA installer;
- Select the features you want to enjoy then process to the installation;
- At the end, you have to reboot your device.
Let me remind you that the first boot after a new ROM installation could take even a few minutes, so be patient.