Save Google Drive Files for Offline Use
Google Drive is one of my favorite platforms when it comes to storing, sharing, as well as editing documents on the go. Thanks to what it offers, I am not at all surprised that I have settled in very quickly and I am not looking for any other option. For example, do you know that there is a simple way to keep using some of Google’s Drive functions even if the Internet connection has dropped?
To be more precise, Google offers a setting that lets viewing and using some of your Drive files offline. Saving files for offline viewing is a must if your internet connection is poor, if you refer working offline or for those times when the Internet connection simply drops.
Before starting the actual procedure, make sure that the app is set up and running the most recent version of Google Drive. Otherwise, the steps below might not work and I am sure that you are not here to waste your time, but to get results:
How to Save Google Drive Files for Offline Use:
- To save a file for offline viewing, touch and hold that file until it is selected;
- After that, you have to tap the pin icon that appears at the bottom;
- At this point, the file is already saved for offline use;
- To view the file saved for offline use, tap the hamburger menu on the top left hand corner;
- Then, it’s time to choose Offline in the navigation panel select;
- Do you want to remove a certain file? All you have to do is to select it and touch the pin button. The file will be removed in no time.
As you can see, I find no reason to be deprived of Google Drive’s advantages due to your Internet connection. That is why you shoud enable offline access now and I am sure that you will also find it more than useful in the future.
You can also learn:
- How to Secure your Documents in Google Drive with the help of this guide;
- That is not at all complicated to Transfer Files from PC to Android Devices with Portal;
- To Use kantjer’s Tasker Profiles in order to Back Up all the important files from your Android device – use this tutorial for that;
- What to do in order to Solve ‘Transferring Files to Android’ Problems;
- Decompile and Recompile APK Files with Ease by using this step by step guide.