Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Russian Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H
The Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for the Grand Prime (SM-G530H) Russian version is available for download, so I bet that you are eager to see it on your device as well. Updating your Grand Prime to the most recent Lollipop software is mandatory if you want to enjoy the latest features, an improved performance and better battery life, so don’t hesitate to follow this manual procedure.
For the start, there are some important preparatory steps that you cannot skip if you want to succeed with the Android 5.0.2 update and to continue being the owner of a functional Galaxy Gran Prime. So, do not hesitate to back up your apps, contacts, messages, photos, videos and not only as this will help you restore the data in case of experiencing and issues during or after the procedure.
You never know when something might go wrong! Then, enable USB Debugging on your phone. For that, you have to enable Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap several times on the build number to enable Developer options) and next, just go to Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging and tap on the box next to it to enable the USB debugging option.
Do you have Samsung’s Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H drivers installed on your PC? If not, you know what you have to do, not to mention that you must uninstall or deactivate those antivirus applications running in your computer as they tend to disrupt the flashing procedure.
Up next, make sure you have charged your Galaxy Grand Prime at least up to 60% of battery as the Lollipop update process that you are going to perform is a battery consuming one and you want to avoid any unpleasant surprise.
Do you have the perfect device and variant? Check that now as this guide is suitable only for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H Russian variant that is not locked to a network operator. Otherwise, you risk bricking the smartphone that you own and use and this is not my fault, but only yours to assume.
In fact, let me be clear about something: these guidelines are for advanced users only and I will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the update process. So, follow the steps below exactly as they are given and do not do anything based on your own judgment.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware on Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H Russian version:
- Download the firmware with the help of this link;
- Then, you have to extract the Zip to get the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension;
- Turn off your Galaxy Grand Prime;
- Next, you have to boot it into the Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time for no more than 2-3 seconds;
- When you see the warning screen with a yellow exclamation mark, press the Volume Up key in order to enter
- into Download Mode;
- You must launch the Odin tool as administrator;
- Connect your phone to the PC via the original USB cable;
- When Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM port on Odin will turn blue and you will see “Added!” text in the Odin’s message box;
- Now, click the AP button and add the firmware file (G530HXXU2BOH5_G530HSER2BOH5_SER.tar.md5) to it;
- Click the Options tab on Odin;
- Check Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time if they are not already checked;
- Tap the Start button on Odin to begin the firmware installation;
- When the firmware installation completes, you’ll see PASS! message on Odin;
- Your handset will reboot automatically and that was all!
Also read: Flash Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ or How to Flash Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware on Indian Galaxy Grand Prime in case of being the onwer of one of these version.