Learn How to Fix Note 8 GPS Issues
There is no doubt that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is an outstanding phone, but as is the case with any new Android smartphone, the latest Galaxy Note series phone is not without its issues. If you just got your hands on a new Note 8, you may have noticed some GPS issues and be sure of the fact that you are not the only one in this position.
Android phones have made GPS better and better in time and they have increased reliability on this technology, yet when you encounter a problem with your Note 8 GPS, it can be anything from the Android GPS not working at all or the GPS showing a wrong location.
The truth is that Samsung may address this in a coming OTA fix, but in the meantime, it’s not hard to fix the problem yourself.
Learn How to Fix Note 8 GPS Issues:
- The best situation here is to keep in mind the fact that your Note 8 is equipped with a special calibration system, where you can set your GPS to a High-calibration mode even though you are in a tall building. Well, this should always be your first troubleshooting tip as it often leads to fixing the problem;
- Even more, a simple way to solve your problem is to toggle the GPS so that it gets a chance to refresh itself. You can turn the GPS On or Off from the notifications shade of your Note 8 device;
- If your problem goes beyond that, then you should better clear cache of applications that use gps, so that the location will calibrate properly. Therefore, use these detailed steps to fix the problem:
- First of all, enter into Settings;
- Then, go to the Application Manager;
- When you see Clear Cache, choose it and confirm;
- There are also cases when toggling the Airplane mode can be of help to solve GPS not working problems. The Airplane mode can be toggled easily by accessing the notifications area of your handset and then looking for the icon for the Airplane mode. Switch it On and then, just wait for 15-20 seconds before switching it Off again;
- I also want to tell you more about a special app known as GPS Status and Toolbox. Well, this can help you identify the status of your toolbox, it lets you check the accuracy, positioning, acceleration, as well as satellite speed, so don’t hesitate to give it a try;
- If nothing else seems to work, then you should better think of a factory resetting procedure as you know that it can do wonders. If you intend to perform this procedure, consider backing up your files since there is a potential to lose some of your data.