Use Galaxy S9 Plus 2X optical zoom
I still remember that long conversation with one of my best friends and it ended up something like that: you must get the Galaxy S9 Plus if you want a 2x zoom.
At first I was undecided, yet now I know how things are: while the regular S9 version packs a 12-megapixel shooter with a variable aperture (it adjusts between f/1.5 and f/2.4 depending on the situation), the S9 Plus one successfully adds a 12-MP telephoto lens with an f/2.4 aperture.
Thanks the two cameras, the S9 Plus can deliver a 2x optical zoom, competing against a feature found in Apple’s twin-lens iPhone X.
If you’ve looked with envy at phones that have dual rear cameras, I totally get you, yet this handset gives you the very best. The Galaxy S9 Plus dual rear cameras enable a 2x optical zoom, so when you need an up-close look at something, the smartphone will be able to zoom in without the kind of distortion you’d expect from a digital zoom.
Even more, you can also set the camera to shoot both and you can pick the one you want afterwards.
How to Use Galaxy S9 Plus 2X optical zoom:
- First of all, you have to open the camera app;
- Now, you have to swipe across the screen to choose among the given modes;
- Then, just press the 2x in any camera mode, which appears at the bottom right;
- After you press it, the button changes to 1x, which you can tap to return back to the normal perspective;
- Alternatively, you can pinch and expand to adjust zoom, but remember that once you pass 2x, you’re working with digital zoom, not optical, and the quality of your photos will suffer for it.
As you can see, two rear cameras instead of the single lens on the back of the S9 are definitely much better, so enjoy what this amazing handset has to offer! And if you ever need my help regarding any Galaxy S9 Plus tip or guide, let me be your help!