Galaxy S9 Plus: Learn to Keep Screen On for Longer
Android phones can be customized way more than iPhones, and Samsung is a champion at this chapter. However, my disappointment is that the Korean company has a habit of not mentioning these cool little features when it announces its new phones, and they can go unnoticed for quite a long time. For example, are you aware of the fact that you can keep the screen on for longer?
Yes, I know the fact that Samsung was one of the first on the scene with an “always-on” display, leveraging its use of AMOLED displays to show you information when your screen is “off”, yet there’s much more to customize when it comes to your handset’s display. The phone screen turns into a dormant mode after a certain period of inactivity.
This is meant to both protect your Galaxy S9 Plus device from any unintended screen taps, while also extending that limited battery life by turning off the screen when it is not being used. While this is ideal if you are using the handset in normal situations, you may find the frequent screen locking to be difficult if you are reading something on the screen, for example.
Changing that is not at all complicated, so here’s what you must do:
Learn to Keep Screen On for Longer:
- Turn on your Galaxy S9 Plus smartphone;
- Up next, you have to go to the home screen as you must find the menu bar;
- Now, you can open the Settings app;
- Search for “Device Information” and you will see the usual Build number here;
- Soft press the Build number for up to no less than 7 times and the screen will bring ‘developer options Unlocked’;
- You will find the ‘stay awake feature’ at the developer options;
- At this point, you have to select the checkbox and enable the feature;
- The phone display will now remain on unless you manually switch it off.
Before leaving this page, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to a Galaxy S9 Plus issue or a tip, then try to visit our Galaxy S9 Plus pages as we’ve already addressed most of the commonly reported issues with this handset, not to mention all the how to guides that will help you discover it.