How to Sync Instagram Contacts to Facebook Messenger
Facebook started testing a way to cross-post Instagram Stories to your Facebook timeline last year and finally released the feature to everyone by the end of 2017. Now, you can also launch Instagram directly from the Facebook app, making the way for an even more integrated experience across the two apps and surprises don’t stop here. Have you heard that Facebook also intends to expand your Messenger contact list, Instagram being once again involved?
Yes, it seems that the company has launched a feature in Messenger that pulls in your contacts from Instagram, of course, if you opt to connect your account. Lomg story short, it is up to you to choose to transfer all of your contacts from Instagram into Messenger, but note that your Instagram username and account also will also be visible to others in your Messenger chats. Should this be a problem? I don’t think so either!
Could the actual issue be that you don’t know how to do it? Well, the option can be found as we are speaking in Messenger’s “People” tab, alongside the existing option to sync your phone’s contacts with Messenger and here I am to show you in detail what to do:
How to Sync Instagram Contacts to Facebook Messenger:
- At first, you have to launch Messenger on your Android device;
- Next, you can tap on your avatar;
- After that, just select the “People” option from the list;
- Now, it’s time to tap on the option that says: “Sync Instagram Account”;
- At this point, the app will offer the option to start conversations with those people, or you can skip it and simply return into Messenger. The choice is all yours!
Bottom line, allowing you, as an Instagram user to easy access to Messenger is just another step in Facebook’s strategy to bring its two best social properties together on your phone. Why saying no to that? Isn’t this what we all asked for in the first place? Let me know what yiu think of the new feature in the comments area.