What To Do when you Cannot Scroll up when Typing a Text Message on Galaxy S7
When typing a text, many users of the Samsung Galaxy S7 handset tell that they are not able to scroll back up and read through the text before sending. Is this also happening to you?
I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel in such a situation since the review via scrolling back through the text is essential, at least for me.
And this happens when using the messaging app and in theory, the stock Messages app is the one that has to work flawless. What can you do in order to be able to swipe down on the text field itself to scroll up and review your message before sending.
What to Do when you Cannot Scroll up when Typing a Text Message on Galaxy S7:
- I can assume that this is the result of a glitch with the app. If I am right, try to clear the cache and data of the Messages app with the help of these steps and the error should be gone for good:
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon;
- then, you need to tap on Settings;
- Touch Applications;
- Up next, also tap Application manager;
- Swipe to ALL tab;
- Find Messages and tap it;
- Touch the Force Close button first;
- Then, tap Storage;
- Tap Clear cache and then Clear data, Delete.
However, if the problem is still there, then it is more serious than I imagined and only a hard reset could bring things back to normal. I am perfectly aware that no one is pleased to get here, but there is no reason to be worried either. This is a safe procedure that has some specific requirements and if you follow them, nothing bad can happen.
Let this procedure guide your steps in that matter: How to Hard Reset the Samsung Galaxy S7.
And maybe, just maybe, you are not forced to do it! Do you like the stock Messages app so much that you are not willing to take in consideration the option to install another one? There are plenty of options to choose from and they all have their share of special features, so what do you say about this possible option?
As always, feel free to comment below asking us questions and giving your opinion on this topic.