How to Set Up a Samsung Account on your Samsung Galaxy S10
We all know how important the Google account is for your new Galaxy S10 smartphone. This can be used to back up your data, download applications from the Play Store, and even transfer your data to a new device in the future. But what about the Samsung Account? The result of 10 years of pioneering mobile, Galaxy S10E, S10, and S10 Plus introduce the next generation of mobile innovation. So, be sure that you get the very best.
This includes the ‘Find My Mobile’ service normally used to find or lock your device or back up data. Well, in order to successfully turn on Find My Mobile on your Samsung S10, you must have this Samsung Account that i have asked you about. There are indeed a few other interesting third-party apps that let you track your lost phone even without internet connection, but they aren’t always an option.
The issue is that those apps are required to be pre-installed on your phone before it went missing. Maybe it will prove out to be a good precaution, but you will still have to set up your Samsung account sooner or later. Do so for registering for eligible offers, setting up a Service Request, downloading Samsung Apps or getting access to a series of products and services.
So, why postponing something so simple?
How to Set Up a Samsung Account on your Samsung Galaxy S10:
- Open the Settings app in your device;
- Locate and tap Clouds and Accounts;
- Once you’ve done so, tap on Accounts;
- Select Add Accounts. Note that you may need to scroll to the bottom of the screen;
- Up next, select Samsung account. Note that you may use your Gmail account address for setup;
- Scroll down and select Create account;
- Complete all fields;
- Now, you can tap Next;
- You must now agree to the Terms and Conditions;
- Then, verify your email address. You will now be able to access your account.
If you have any questions or queries, feel free to ask me in the comments.