It really doesn’t matter how advanced an Android smartphone is, as it doesn’t have to mean that it is problem free.
In that respect, do you own the new LG G4? There are multiple users who have found that the smartphone is charging a lot slower than expected, while others have had issues finding the right charger to take advantage of the device’s quick-charging capabilities or simply discovered that the charger on the LG G4 is not working at all.
Troubleshoot LG G4 Charging issues:
- Is there something going on with the charging cable? Well, the first thing to check when the LG G4 is not charging properly is the charging cable. It often happens to discover that the charger cable has been damaged or lost the proper connection to charge the LG G4, but before deciding that it is time to buy a new cable, try switching it out with another USB cable that works to see if the issue is with the cable. If the other USB cable charges the LG G4, then yes, you definitely need a new LG G4 cable charger (here you can find lots of options on that matter);
- I was glad to find out that the LG G4 comes with Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 support after all the rumors claiming something else, but the problem is the fact that the available AC charger in the box is not compatible, so you are not imagining things when telling me that the device is charging slower than it should. So, the fact that the LG G4 comes with Quickcharge 2.0 support is real, but the company has not provided a compatible charger might be the root cause, so you are the one who has to find such a charger;
- Some users have found that their LG G4 is not charging fast even with chargers that support QuickCharge 2.0. To be able to take advantage of the LG G4’s fast charging ability, be careful not to make the mistake of buying one of those third-party chargers which are not fully compatible with the handset; read more about this issue from here;
- It has been verified that the charging slows down significantly when the screen is on, so I have a very simple tip for you: try not to use the device while it is plugged in and have some patience to use it only after it is fully charged;
- Some users have found the fact that the LED light of the device flashes while it is charging, and that it vibrates when charging is complete, so feel free to use Tasker (take it from here) in order to set priority mode interrupts;
- Have you thought about the fact that the phone might be defective? Maybe there are bent, broken or pushed in connectors on the device or battery, so if you are fully convinced that there is something wrong, maybe it’s time to claim your warranty.
And if you know any other solution that might work, do not hesitate to post a comment below to share other tips and tricks which are not mentioned in this detailed guide.