Your Samsung Galaxy S6 is currently being updated to a newer Android 7.0 Nougat firmware, so I am sure that you don’t want to miss that for anything in the world! So, the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA is currently rolling out in the European region for the international variants of S6 (SM-G920F). Nougat OTA comes with the February 2017 security patch level from AOSP with sources based on build NRD90M.
This new Android 7.0 stock firmware from the manufacturer is named Samsung Experience 8, as opposed to TouchWiz. I don’t have any problem with this change, but quite the opposite I love that the user interface has changed from the older TouchWiz to the new Samsung Experience. And since it looks a lot like the S7 Nougat UX, I can only imagine your excitement.
However, a lot of you people haven’t received the OTA update even if they might want to try out the official Nougat update right this instance. Luckily, here you can find the Odin flashable firmware for the Galaxy S6.
Understand from the start that the size of the update file is around 1.2 GB so it is highly recommended to connect via Wi-Fi or a good internet pack while downloading the update. This guide is only made for Galaxy S6 SM-G920F, so don’t even think of trying to flash this ROM on any other Android device as IT WON’T WORK.
The battery percentage level should be at least of 70% and even though a full backup is not needed, you can back up your important data (just to be prepared for any possible surprise).
And one more essential step is to enable OEM unlock on your phone. For that, go to Settings » About phone and tap Build number seven times to enable Developer options. Return to main Settings page, scroll to bottom and select Developer options from there. Under Developer options, just look for Enable OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
With these being said, here I have shared a full in-depth guide for this, so all you have to do is to follow each and every step as it is given:
Flash Official 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6:
- Download Odin 3.12.3 .zip file;
- Download the Nougat firmware ((G920FXXU5EQBA) for your device from here;
- Don’t hesitate to unzip the .zip file to get .TAR.MD5 file;
- Also open Odin3 v3.12.3.exe file from the extracted files on your PC;
- Switch off your Galaxy S6 smartphone;
- Then, press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen;
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode;
- Once you are in download mode, connect your device to the PC using USB Cable;
- Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the firmware file that we got in step 2 above;
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process;
- Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen;
- Once all gets done, your Galaxy phone will automatically be rebooted.