Install Maximus HD Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM on HTC One M9
Do you want to install a new and custom Android 5.1 Lollipop Sense 7.0 ROM on your One M9? Let me be clear about the fact that unlike other ROMs which are based on stock pure Vanilla Android, this version comes with none other than the Sense 7.0 skin. So, this is practically your chance to get Android 5.1 along with all the features of Sense 7.0 UI, not to mention the enhanced battery life, the Advanced Power Meniu or the new Display Color Calibration, so don’t say no to this chance.
However, you are not yet ready for the operation! Read the following guidelines before continuing to the actual tutorial or you might regret later. First of all, use this guide only for the HTC One M9 device and not for any other different device. Your device needs to have a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on it, as well as an unlocked bootloader and S-OFF (keep in mind that the CWM / TWRP Recovery that you choose has to be updated to its latest version in order to support the installation of this Maximus HD Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM).
All these guides are here to help you:
What shall you do in case the new ROM doesn’t boot successfully? Be prepared for any potential unpleasant surprise and make a backup of your important data before applying the operation. Check the battery charge level of your device and make sure that it is over 60%; otherwise, you cannot install the ROM and your risk damaging the device if it turns off during the procedure.
On your phone, by tapping several times on built number (from Menu – Settings – About phone), you need to enable developer options. The HTC One M9 USB cable must be near you as you will have to connect the smartphone with your computer and on your computer you must install the appropriate USB drivers.
And let me remind you that you will keep everything safe and secured as long as will lose the warranty of your phone by deciding to use this guide. You can learn How to restore it and How to unbrick your One M9 if something bad happens, but let’s hope that it won’t be the case. Now, you are ready to apply the guidelines from this tutorial:
How to Install Maximus HD Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM on HTC One M9:
- From here you have to take the Maximus HD Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM;
- From your PC, transfer it to the root of your phone’s internal storage by using the original USB cord;
- Turn the device off;
- Then, you have to press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time in order to enter your device in Download Mode;
- Enter Bootloader and Recovery Mode;
- Apply the factory reset, so CWM, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ or for TWRP, select ‘wipe’;
- Go to “Choose ZIP from SD Card” in order to select the ROM file;
- Now, it’s time to flash the ROM, so choose the Install option;
- Reboot your smartphone in normal mode after all files are installed successfully.
You have just flashed the Android 5.1 Lollipop Sense 7.0 ROM on your One M9, so have fun! The ROM is fast and stable, so you have no reason to be worried about!