Flash Android 6.0 MRA58K Marshmallow on Google Nexus 5
Google has just released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory images with build number MRA58K for a variety of Nexus devices and if you own the Nexus 5 one, there is no reason to be worried about. Be sure of the fact that it is on the list as well, so you can only imagine that here I am to guide you on how to flash Android 6.0 MRA58K Marshmallow on your Nexus 5.
Here is a checklist of prerequisites that must be followed before you proceed to upgrade your Nexus 5 device to Google’s Android 6.0 newest operating system. For the start, back up your important data and understand that your phone should be running on the Android 5.1.1 LMY48M Lollipop firmware for this updating tutorial to be compatible.
You cannot use this post with any other different Nexus device and don’t think to flash the new update build over an older Lollipop build other than the LMY48M version either.
Even more, I want to warn you of the fact if your Google Nexus 5 has a custom ROM installed on it or any other type of OS modification, you cannot apply this Android 6.0 update guide. You could easily brick the handset and this is your responsibility to assume!
Isn’t this a problem? Make sure to enable the USB Debugging before getting to the actual procedure. If you don’t know, the USB Debugging is placed under Developer Options, but if you cannot find it there, then you need to enable it by going into Settings> About Device; here you have to find Build Number, so tap on it repeatedly, then return to Settings, open Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging option.
As you can see, this guide involves the use of ADB tools, so make sure that ADB tools are installed on your computer (download Android SDK from here). And don’t forget to plug in the charger in order to avoid seeing how it turns off during the guide.
No less important, I want to remind you that I will not be held responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device, during or after the firmware installation. You are only advised to proceed at your own risk.
How to Flash Android 6.0 MRA58K Marshmallow on your Nexus 5:
- The Android 6.0 MRA58K update waits to be taken from here;
- Place it in the platform-tools folder that can be found in the SDK directory;
- Power off your Nexus 5 device;
- Then, you have to boot it in Recovery Mode;
- Select the apply update from adb option from the Recovery Mode menu;
- Connect your Nexus 5 to the PC by using the original USB cord;
- Launch a command prompt in the platform-tools folder, so hold the SHIFT key, then right-click on the folder’s empty space to select ‘open command window here’;
- Start the updating process by entering this command: adb sideload update.zip
- Confirm your action;
- At the end, you just have to reboot the device in normal mode.