How to Install Rooted Stock Android 5.1.1 ROM on Xperia Z Ultra C6806
Do you know that your Xperia Z Ultra has already started receiving the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update? This Lollipop version enhances the performance of the device and comes with a variety of new features, so I am sure that you don’t want to miss it for nothing in the world.
In such a case, be sure of the fact that this tutorial will help you with that, despite of the fact that you might be rooted or that you have a custom recovery installed on your Xperia Z Ultra. Here is a flashable ROM based on stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware 14.6.A.0.368 that can be installed even through a custom recovery like TWRP and the big advantage is that the firmware has root access, so stop worrying about needing to flash the SuperSU package again.
However, despite of your obvious excitement, do not skip the preparatory steps. The guide that you can find here can only be applied on Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6806 and don’t forget to back up everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that if something doesn’t go according to the plan, you still have access to all your precious data and you can restore it as if nothing bad ever happened.
Do not forget to prepare the original USB cord and to enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap Settings>Developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in Settings, then tap Settings > about device and hit “Build Number” for no less than 7 times to solve the problem. And no less important, plug in the charger if there is less that 60% battery left in your phone.
Have you completed all the steps from above? Have you entered into Settings > About Device on your device and verified your model number? After all, you know that flashing this firmware on any other device will result in bricking it. Are you willing to assume your full responsibility for every singe action? Then, you are ready to start it!
How to Install Rooted Stock Android 5.1.1 ROM on your Xperia Z Ultra C6806:
- Download the Customized ROM with the help of this link;
- Use the USB cord to connect your device to the PC;
- It’s time to transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage;
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery; in order to do that, you have to press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time;
- Make a nandroid backup, just to be on the safe side, so select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup;
- Then, go to the main menu;
- From there, you have to tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe;
- Also choose Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache and swipe right to confirm;
- Go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen again;
- Don’t forget to tap on Install option;
- Go to the ROM file and select it;
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with installation;
- After the ROM is installed, all you have to do is to reboot to system.