Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1BOH7 on Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 LTE
You have probably heard the fact that Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 LTE is ready to be updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1BOH7 OS, but do you know exactly what you have to do? Don’t worry, as long as this is why I am here for in the first place: to guide you thought the actual Lollipop update procedure and the preparatory steps as well.
For the start, back up everything from your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 LTE, just to be on the safe side and fully prepared for the fact that the internal storage system will be wiped out during the Android5.1.1 XXU1BOH7 update process; then, you must gain developer options, so go to Menu – Settings – About phone and tap several times on Built Number. After that, you have to navigate towards Menu – Settings – Developer options and check the USB debugging mode.
Up next, make sure the Samsung Tab 4 7.0 USB Drivers are installed on your Laptop/PC before starting the Lollipop update process and don’t forget to deactivate Samsung Kies and the antivirus program if you want the procedure to go as smooth as possible.
As you probably know, the battery of your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 LTE should be charged too in order to successfully complete the operation. In such conditions, you have to plug in the charger if the power left is lower than 60% or else your Tab 4 7.0 LTE can get bricked if it gets turned off while you try to install the XXU1BOH7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update through Odin.
These guidelines are for advanced users only, so keep in mind that AndroidFlagship will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the update process. So, follow the steps exactly as they are given below and ask me now if there is something that you don’t understand.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1BOH7 on Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 LTE:
- Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1BOH7 by accessing this direct link;
- Extract the contents of this file and save them on your PC;
- Then, you have to download Odin3 from here as well;
- Switch off your phone;
- Next, boot it in Download Mode, so don’t hesitate to turn off your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 LTE and then press and hold Power, Volume Down and Home buttons simultaneously;
- Now, you have to launch Odin exe on your computer;
- Use the USB Cable and connect your phone with your PC;
- Go back to Odin’s main window after the phone is recognized;
- Do not hesitate to disable ‘Re-partition’ option;
- Hit the AP button in Odin;
- Find and load the G800R4VXU1BOI1 tar.md5 file in Odin;
- Press the START button in order to initiate the updating process;
- Have patience while your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 LTE is being automatically updated;
- When Odin finishes to install Android 5.1.1 on your handset, you will see it rebooting in normal mode.
That was all! The problems from your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 LTE such as lags, hangs, force close situations, battery drain, heating problems, screen freeze, alerts, boot loops or total blackouts can all be fixed with the manual installation of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1BOH7 OS.
Enjoy all the changes and let me know if I can be of any help.