Flash Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Factory Image on Google Nexus 5
There is no mystery any longer that Google has just released Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow for Google Nexus 5 and several other Nexus devices. The Android M update is rolling out as an over-the-air software update and I can assure you of the fact that it won’t delete anything and it is the easiest way to proceed.
However, it can be accepted once it arrives, but there is no precise timing for that; it can happen in the coming days or the next weeks, so what do you say about taking the matter into your own hands?
You can choose to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update on your Google Nexus 5 with Stock Recovery, but if you truly feel ready for a clean installation, then be sure of the fact that the factory image installation procedure is the best solution for you. In such a case, install the latest Nexus USB Drivers on your computer in order to let it detect the phone and also set the full Android SDK package from Google from here.
You must also go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device. To enable developer options, tap the Build Number around 7 times in About Phone and don’t forget a very important aspect. Even if it might take time and you are in a hurry, a full backup is recommended as this operation will wipe all your system data.
How to Flash Official Factory Image for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update on Nexus 5:
- Download the factory image by accessing this link;
- Use the USB cord to transfer it to your PC;
- Once again, let me remind you about the importance of setting up ADB and fastboot on your PC; you must also accept Always allow from the computer when you plug in the device for the first time if you want to enable USB Debugging;
- Now, power off your device;
- Boot into the bootloader or fastboot mode;
- Then, plug in your device to the PC and let the drivers install;
- Extract the downloaded Android 6.0.1 file anywhere in your PC to get files with .img.flashall;
- Open the folder containing the Android Marshmallow factory images that you have downloaded before and extracted;
- There, you have to type cmd and type the command for your PC:
On Windows: Run flash-all.bat
On Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal
On Linux: Run flash-all.sh
- Press Enter;
- Once done, reboot the Nexus device normally. Once you see the new boot logo, be sure that the system has been installed.
Isn’t this the only handset that you own? Don’t hesitate to visit us in the next days for more details from Samsung, Motorola, LG and other manufacturers, as they are about to make announcements and start the release of their nexy big updates.
Also read this guide on How to Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow MMB29M Firmware on Nexus 6P.