Flash CM 13.0 Stable ROM on 2013 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi
As you can see, the CyanogenMod community has released the new CM 13 ROM for many Android devices and your Nexus 7 Wi-Fi is added to the list as well. I can assure you of the fact that the ROM is official and bug free, so there is nothing stopping you from enjoying it.
However, if you don’t know what to do, you can follow the instructions listed in this post in order to learn how to successfully flash the brand new custom ROM without bricking your device. For that, you must remember that the listed custom ROM is compatible with the Nexus 7 2013 variant only, so do not try it on any other device or variant.
Then, make sure you have the most recent TWRP recovery installed on your tablet, as well as its drivers installed on your PC in order to transfer the ROM and Google apps to the storage.
Before you proceed, you must also backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. In such a case, you can only imagine that a full backup backup is recommended. My advice is to backup all your internal storage files just in case a step of the procedure goes wrong and don’t hesitate to use one of these tutorials: How to Backup and Restore IMEI / NVRAM Data on Android Devices or How to Backup Android Data Without Root.
You must also make sure that the battery is charged at minimum 60% and as a reminder, the warranty may be void if you choose to apply these steps. You might use the guide on How to Restore the Warranty on your Android device, but even if you do that, understand that I won’t be liable for any damage to your device, I won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. That’s on you!
Flash CM 13.0 Stable ROM on 2013 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi:
- Download the CM 13.0 SNAPSHOT release 1 ROM with the help of this link;
- Also download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here;
- You need to copy these files straight to your tablet’s internal storage;
- Power it off;
- Now, you have to reboot into Custom Recovery; for that, first turn off your device and then press and hold the volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery;
- You should perform a nandroid backup. Tap on the backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, EFS, Recovery and swipe right where appropriate, to backup;
- Factory reset the device, so select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option;
- Don’t hesitate to flash the CM 13.0 Stable ROM now, so tap on the install option;
- Navigate to the ROM file;
- Load it in the Custom Recovery;
- Confirm the installation;
- Don’t press anything until the custom ROM is done installing;
- After the CM 13.0 is flashed, you can flash the Gapps zip in the same way;
- Reboot your tablet in normal mode only when all the new files are done installing.