Set up Wi-Fi Tethering on Galaxy S7 Edge
The Mobile Hotspot feature lets you share your mobile device’s data connection with other devices by turning your device into a wireless access point other WiFi enabled devices can connect to. There is no exception when it comes to your Galaxy S7 Edge which can be used as a mobile hotspot. This is ideal for when there is a bad public Wifi connection or for those times when you are away from your home, but still want to connect to the Internet.
The new battery life on the Galaxy S7 Edge is a little better for using the mobile hotspot feature, but don’t rely on that (read this guide on How to Reveal Battery Percentage on Galaxy S7 Edge and always keep an eye on things, just as you can Solve the Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Dying Too Fast Issue). The juice will still vanish in thin air and even more, in order to use the Galaxy S7 Edge hotspot, you first need to set up Hotspot on the Galaxy S7.
This process is not at all a complicated one and here I am to explain how to use the mobile hotspot and how to change the security password on your Galaxy S7 Edge.
How to Set up Wi-Fi Tethering on Galaxy S7 Edge:
- Go to Settings;
- Tap the CONNECTIONS tab;
- Then, browse for Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot and select it;
- Then select on Mobile Hotspot;
- Change the On/Off toggle to ON;
- Select OK on the Attention screen advising you that WiFi will be turned off;
- Follow the directions at the bottom of the screen to connect another device to your Galaxy S7.
Note that it is standard for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to add a password to the mobile hotspot feature. It also defaults to WPA2 for security, so here is how you can also change these settings:
- Enter into Settings;
- Browse for Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot and select it;
- Then, you have to select Mobile Hotspot;
- In order to view more options, you have to select on the three dots;
- Select Configure;
- Change the password and select Save.
And if you ever want to connect to your hotspot from another device, just turn on the Wi-Fi feature on the device you want to connect to your hotspot, then look for your hotspot using the information shown on the Hotspot settings screen, and enter the necessary information.
Is this a truly useful feature on your device? What features do you enjoy most on your new Galaxy S7 Edge? Tell me all about it in the comment section down below or by using the contact section.