How to Clear App Data on Galaxy S7
Your Galaxy S7 apps sometimes misbehave. Before you go reaching for a task killer and think of any complicated procedures to solve the issue that you are experiencing, here’s something else to try: you can clear app data on Galaxy S7. The cache is a temporary storage area of a device which retains certain kinds of data and the goal of this is to speed up how smoothly your device operates and to reduce how much data is processed and consumed.
Clearing the app cache is an option for your misbehaving apps, but if it does not work, then you have to clear data. While the cache can be cleared with no risk to your data, app settings, save states and so on, clearing the app data will remove these – this is something that you should understand and accept from the start.
Clearing data resets an app to its default state: it makes your app act like when you first downloaded and installed it. That is why clearing app data is one step further in helping people to solve the problem with their phone. The process is pretty similar to clearing app cache, so here you can find the steps that you have to follow:
How to Clear App Data on Galaxy S7:
- First of all, you have to launch the Settings Application;
- Scroll Down and then, tap on the ‘Applications’ option;
- Up next, you have to tap on the ‘Application Manager’ option that can be found at the top;
- Locate and tap on the Application that you’re having trouble with;
- Tap on the Storage option;
- Then, select the Clear Data option;
- Just wait until the process complete and restart the phone;
- Up next, you have to re-check the application to see whether the problem still happens or not.
You see now how easy is to reset an app to a default state if it has become problematic, or disruptive, but are you aware of the fact that clearing app data on your Galaxy S7 device can also help you save some important storage space? Some apps such as podcast apps can store gigabytes of data that you don’t even need anymore, so there is a win-win situation in both situations. This is one more reason to apply the steps above and to let me know if you need any help. After all, you know that that is why I am here for in the first place!