Get Ready for Honor 8 Pro Official Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 Update
Huawei is rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo for two of its most popular Android handsets, the Honor 9 Pro and Honor 8 Pro. The update will be rolled out in the latest EMUI 8.0 software build available through an OTA download and it promises tempting changes that users are eager to enjoy.
EMUI 8.0 is claimed to come with a special machine learning base with features like Intelligent Context Awareness, User Behaviour, Intelligent Resource Allocation, a low memory management feature, not to mention those various Android Oreo features such as Picture-in-Picture, notification dots, Autofill, faster boot up time that are included too.
Don’t you want all these as soon as possible? Then, make it a matter of acting fast instead of waiting patiently and get ready for the Honor 8 Pro Official Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 update right away. Yes, you can now have it on your device thanks to the XDA member nanortemis who has found the perfect tool for you.
The current rollout is limited and looks more like a test before a wider global release, so this procedure is just what you need.
- You need an unlocked bootloader;
- The handset must have the TWRP recovery installed;
- Understand that the procedure may wipe your device clean, including everything on the internal storage;
- Charge the device to the fullest.
- Grab the Full_OTA_ROM_Flasher zip;
- Extract the Full_OTA_ROM_Flasher zip file;
- Inside the folder, you’ll find several recovery image files, as well as another Flasher zip file;
- You must transfer the downloaded update files inside the right folder. For example, if you downloaded the full OTA update for the Indian variant, move the update.zip, update_data_full_public.zip, and update_full_DUK-L09I_hw_in.zip files inside the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher folder;
- Now, transfer the folder to an external SD card;
- Reboot your device to recovery. You can do that by pressing the Volume Up and Power button while the device is switched off. Let go of the Power button only when the device vibrates and this should boot your Honor 8 Pro into recovery mode;
- When in TWRP recovery, simply select Install;
- Then, navigate to the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher folder;
- Select the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher.zip inside the folder and swipe at the bottom to flash;
- The installer will do everything for you and you should see your device rebooting and installing the update via the stock EMUI recovery.
Have you received the Android 8.0 Oreo update instead on your Honor 9? Let me know how it feels in the comments.