Get the Galaxy S9’s Landscape Home Screen on your Galaxy S7
First of all, stop feeling sorry for yourself! Galaxy S9 might come with a camera with super low-light ability, Secure and slick Intelligent Scan, quirky AR Emoji, Bixby Voice finally seems to be worthy of your attention and the handset lets you use the Home Screen in Landscape Mode, yet you are the owner of a Galaxy S7 handset and there’s no shame in that!
Quite the opposite, speaking of the latest mentioned feature, you can get the Galaxy S9‘s Landscape Home Screen on your Galaxy S7 too. And stop seeing this as a surprise when things are far from that! On the latest iterations of the Samsung Experience UX, you can lock the screen to landscape or portrait orientation, therefore I am not at all amazed, but I actually see landscape mode for the home screen as being the logical move coming from the company.
How to get it on your own smartphone? You’ll need to have a custom launcher to enable home screen rotation and I am sure that this is no problem for your Galaxy S7. I am sure that you already have some of your own preferences up to now, yet I want to tell you that Nova Launcher is the top launcher for modern Android and you couldn’t find any better option that meets this demand on your smartphone.
And the procedure is not at all a complicated one, so let’s proceed:
Get the Galaxy S9’s Landscape Home Screen on your Galaxy S7:
- Take Nova Launcher if you don’t have it already;
- Install it into your Galaxy S7;
- Now, you must long-press the home screen;
- Then, tap the “Settings” icon;
- After that, select “Look & feel”;
- Next, the option that needs to be tapped is “Screen orientation”, so waste no more time;
- From here, you must hit the “Auto-rotate” option;
- In the end, just tap anywhere to confirm your choice.
I am curious: do you like integrating this feature to your phone? The comments section is waiting for you!