Solve the Annoying “Obtaining IP Address” Message
When connecting to Wi-Fi on your Android phone, you might encounter the “Obtaining IP Address” error occasionally. The “Obtaining IP Address” error is more common than you may think, yet this doesn’t make it any less annoying than it really is. Are you also stuck on Obtaining IP Address of your WiFi? Does the Internet fail to connect with your device?
Relax, as there is a simple solution that promises to fix the problem. Your Android device normally tries to connect again and again to see if it can get the IP address it failed to get the first time and it could continue to do this until it’s able to get that IP address. This is due to the WiFi router that couldn’t assign an IP address for your device.
Instead of letting this go on for hours, try one of these two simple tips that work most of the times:
How to Solve the Annoying “Obtaining IP Address” Message (method 1):
- Basic technical errors may often occur with your router, so you could try to turn it off for few minutes and restart it. Before doing so you click on Forget password in your Android device. After the WiFi is fully up, just connect the device by entering the password.
How to Solve the Annoying “Obtaining IP Address” Message (method 2):
- If the previous procedure didn’t work, then here’s my next advice for you. The procedure can though be applied on Android version 4.1 and higher running handsets.
- First of all, go to Settings;
- Here, you must tap on Wi-Fi;
- Turn On the Wi-Fi and connect to a network;
- Long press on the connected network and select Modify Network;
- Now, it;s time to check Show Advance Options;
- On IP Settings drop down menu, it’s time to select Static;
- Assign IP of your choice but leave other variable untouched.
This should solve the problem that you are experimenting. How useful are you finding these simple tips? You can post your opinion in the comments section below.