How to Root your Xiaomi POCO F1 Device
Xiaomi’s new sub-brand, Poco officially introduced its first smartphone, the Poco F1 in India. Maybe you have been impressed by Jai’s Mani (the product head at Poco Global) statement that the Poco F1 is designed and built from the scratch, keeping aside all the baggage that a big company like Xiaomi comes with, maybe you love the idea of being the owner of the least expensive phone powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 845 chipset or you simply love its look, even if it’s clearly not a head turner – in any case, this device sits on your pocket and I can only congratulate you.
Do you want to take the control of the phone? Do you dream to customize the user interface and control the frequency of the CPU as well as GPU, to install fresh Custom Roms on the phone or get rid of pesky pre-installed apps that you’ll never use? Then, you must learn how to root your Xiaomi POCO F1 handset to get all these and much more.
After all, rooting is the process of gaining access to (all) administrative functions of the operating system. And with this easy step by step instruction guide on how to successfully root your device, you are ready to go.
- As a safety measure, you should better take a complete backup of your Android device before proceeding ahead;
- Download and install ADB & Fastboot on your PC along with ADB Drivers;
- You have to enable both USB Debugging (by clicking 6-7 times on MIUI Version option in Settings) and OEM Unlock on your Xiaomi Poco F1;
- Make sure that the bootloader of your Xiaomi Poco F1 is unlocked;
- Don’t forget how important charging your device for such a procedure is. An unfortunate event such as your Xiaomi POCO F1 turning off in the middle of the operation could lead to turning yourself into the owner of a bricked handset, so you know what you must do.
How to Root your Xiaomi POCO F1 Device:
- Download the SuperSU ZIP file;
- Transfer it to the internal memory of your device;
- Next, press and hold the button combination of Volume Up + Power to reboot your device into recovery mode;
- The TWRP menu will come in front of you. From the options select ‘Install’ and select the SuperSU ZIP file utilizing the browse option;
- Swipe to flash the SuperSU ZIP File on your Xiaomi POCO F1 device;
- Once the flashing process is done, please reboot your device.
That’s it! Your device is rooted now.