In case of being the owner of a Motorola Droid Turbo, let us tell you that there is an interesting tool in the app drawer that a lot of people find as being more than useful. We are talking about Moto Migrate which has been around since the first iteration of the Moto X and has always worked great.
Don’t you know what it can offer you? Well, this app has one main purpose: to be more specific, it can help you port your info, personal data and accounts to your Motorola Droid Turbo from any other Android, iOS or Windows based smartphone or tablet.
So this might be just the ideal solution when it comes to a transfer operation; your data is extremely important so transferring it to your Droid Turbo might be a must. And trust us when we are saying that using Motorola Migrate is not difficult or dangerous to use. In fact, you have absolutely nothing to worry about as long as root access isn’t required for the process and you don’t have to use any sort of risky tool.
Thus, read the lines from below and learn how to do that by yourself.
How to use Motorola Migrate on the Droid Turbo
- First of all, let’s start with what you are supposed to do on your new phone. You just have to find and select the Migrate app from the app drawer;
- Choose your old phone type;
- Then, you must select “Start”;
- Choose the type of content you want to bring in and then, you have to choose “Next”;
- Verify if you have the app on your other phone as well. When it comes to this old phone, as we have already told you, it really doesn’t matter if we are talking about a device running on an old version of Android or on the most recent one, if it is an iPhone model, or any other handset;
- Now, it’s time to open the Migrate app;
- Don’t hesitate to choose “Start”;
- Make sure you select “Next” from the screen that asked you to open the app on your old device – this step is on your Motorola Droid Turbo;
- Use the QR code scanner on your old device in order to scan the code your Droid generated and that was all that you had to do!
Both your devices are using the cloud as a back-end for file transfers. Keep in mind that the process takes no less than 5-10 minutes, depending on your connection and the total amount of data that you choose to transfer and don’t worry about the fact that the files on your old device might disappear.
The Motorola Migrate is perfectly safe to use, so be sure that the apps are just copied over and nothing more than that. Have you used the Motorola Migrate app? How do you find the procedure? Don’t hesitate to share your opinion with us.